Monday, October 5, 2009

Screenwriting Class Homework: Deep Space Nine

I wrote this dialogue thingy for my screenwriting class. The assignment was to basically take two characters and create a conflict between them. Oh, and one of them had to use words that people from certain regions use. I chose New Yorker words like "weisenheimer" and "stoop". The internet said they were New Yorker words so if they're actually not blame the internet.
I wrote this with a sitcommie kinda attitude so that's why its not actually funny. If you think its funny then good for you!
Also, I'm pretty sure posting this in screenplay format here on my blog would be a gianomicus task so blah blah blah.

________________________________________________________

STEVE is arguing with BILL, who says he’s from Canada, out on the steps in front of his apartment. BILL is sitting in STEVE’s spot and refuses to move.

STEVE

You know what weisenheimer, I don’t care if you’re from Canada. I’m not letting you sit in my stop.

BILL

But I was here first!

STEVE

Its my stoop!

BILL

Yeah?

STEVE

Yeah!

BILL

I’ve always heard you New Yorkers were jerks.

STEVE

Well its true and we’re proud of it.

BILL

I’m sure you are buddy…

STEVE

Have you seen that South Park episode where Canada goes on strike?

BILL

Oh yeah. That was a great episode. Everybody in Canada loved it.

STEVE
So is it true?

BILL

Is what true?

STEVE

Does Canada really want more money?

BILL

Well yeah, doesn’t everybody?

STEVE

Some celebrities might not.

BILL

Maybe in the States but in Canada they can’t get enough.

STEVE

Why’s that?

BILL

It might have something to do with all the beer they drink.

STEVE

So you guys drink a lot of beer up there huh?

BILL

Not really. It’s mostly the celebrities that drink the beer.

STEVE

Hmm… so are you planning on getting off my stoop anytime soon?

BILL

Maybe.

STEVE

I don’t like maybe.

BILL

Well what do you like.

STEVE

I like you getting your ass off my stoop.

BILL

I’ll only get off your “stoop” if you give Canada more money.

STEVE

Your not really from Canada are you?

BILL

Nope.

STEVE
Get off my stoop!

No comments: