Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Poem: A Heart Full of Lead

This poem is dedicated to Me and the chemical mixture in my blood.
_______________________________________________________

The eyes of the city see
That there is only me.

Alone in the lower district,
I feel like those dakru harlequins, they tricked.

I made a deal, a deal of blood,
A deal so evil, there was a major flood.

Killing off all of the city people,
I survived by clutching the church steeple.

It was a world wide flood of death.
Everyone but me lost there precious breath.

I wandered aimlessly around,
There were no bodies on the ground.

I looked for any sign of life,
But there wasn't even any bit of strife.

I wanted to leave but I knew I couldn't,
Or maybe it was that I knew I shouldn't.

It was a cataclysmic place,
Shattered and broken like a glass case.

As the bloody sun began to drop,
I finally found a gun shop.

After loading up the one of my choice,
I felt that soon I could rejoice.

Cocking the handgun I got ready to fire.
This is what I know I truly desire.

This is were I started talking,
As I began the cocking.

Aimed at my heart, I pull the trigger,
I hear a sound that was so much bigger.

As I heard that sound before I was dead
I knew I would have A Heart Full of Lead.

No comments: